About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Power Cord Wrap tutorial




Power Cord Wrap tutorial



Supplies for 3 cord wraps:
  • 1- 24” package of ½”-3/4” sew-in Hook & Loop fastener (Velcro) (I found mine at Wal-Mart for $0.84.)
  • 9”  grosgrain ribbon, twill tape or fabric (should be hemmed) of equal width to the Hook & Loop fastener
  • Coordinating Thread
  • Sewing Machine with sturdy needle
  • Ruler
  • Scissors (able to cut the Hook & Loop fastener)
  • Matches or lighter (to seal the ends of the ribbon)



Cut the soft side of the Hook & Loop fastener into 3- 7-8” strips
Cut the Rough side of the Hook & Loop fastener into 3- 1.5” strips (there will be a long piece left over that we will not use.)
Cut the ribbon into 3- 3” strips. With a match or lighter, heat-seal the ends to prevent fraying.

Fold the ribbon in half to make a 1.5” piece.  Stitch at 1/8 inch around the perimeter, backstitching at start and finish. Repeat with the other 2 ribbons.

Take one piece of soft side Hook & Loop fastener and with the back facing you, line up the ribbon with the raw edges (heat sealed ends)1/4” overlapping the top of the Hook & Loop fastener, and the fold extending past the end of the Hook & Loop fastener, by 1.25”. Baste or glue stick in place if desired.
Put the rough side of the Hook & Loop fastener on the back of the soft side over the ribbon, with the ends of the Hook & Loop fastener lined up.
Stitch at 1/8 inch around the perimeter, backstitching at start and finish of rough side of Hook & Loop fastener. Trim threads.





*If something doesn't make sense, please let me know. I intend to add a few more process photos soon. I need to get some more Hook & Loop first.


3 comments:

  1. This is a helpful tutorial. If you put a loop elsewhere on it, you could hang the organized cord somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I will be making these and using the above idea for a hanging loop. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I hope the tutorial works for you and please let me know if you have any trouble. The fabric (instead of ribbon) tab tutorial is in process, but it would be pretty easy to figure out. :) I think if you just didn't stitch around the ribbon you it would create the loop.

    ReplyDelete